I have decided to begin my blog again, I didn't do a good job keeping up with the first one, so I'm redoing it.
I am Karen, my husband of 6+ years, Justin, is a wonderful man, husband and father to our 3 foster-to-adopt kids. We met through an April fools joke personal ad in a local newspaper. We have 1 dog, Luna, a border collie that is OCD.
The LORD has blessed me with infertility (I don't always remember its a blessing though), and through this we have been led to foster children and adopt through the foster system. We have 3 children we have had with us for 2 years, they are true blessings to us, adorable children, very intelligent, and learning to love the LORD. The children are 'Little Man' , 'Princess', and 'Sweet Boy'; they are biological siblings.
The children have had a pretty rough past, and have been in multiple homes, instability is very hard on children, even more so for kids that have had previous trauma in their young lives. Because of this, the kids, although delightful, charming, fun, and silly, they have inner pain they don't know how to express well or even why they feel the way they do. We deal with them manifesting this pain through uncontrolled outburst of defiance, rage, or inappropriate behaviors, and have sought therapeutic interventions to help us as a family.
So...now that you know a little about us and our kids, you will see there will be times I use this blog to vent, update progress, and just add trivial life situations.
*Note*
With the kids still being wards of the state and there being a security risk, we will not be adding photos of the kids, but for those that know us well enough you know how to see them, or just leave a message and ask, I can send privately through email.
No comments:
Post a Comment