Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring = new life

Well, spring is upon us again, woohoo. I love spring. The colors after a grey winter, the sunshine and warmth mixed with crisp air, the beauty of plants trees and flowers bring new life again, and the reminder of real life through the resurrection of JESUS.

Its a great way to parallel the seasons with life; winter a cold dark wait, feeling empty or isolated; spring a warm rebirth of new life filled with light color and joy; summer a heat sometimes so hot its like a refining fire; autumn a dying of old things that have reached their end. We begin life empty, dark and cold hearted until JESUS springs into our lives bringing new life and beauty, then HE refines us through hard heated times burning off the yuck in our lives bringing things to a death or end like bad habits or lies we believe in, and there are times of returning to the cold and dark for a time to learn to renew our faith in HIM and reach out again for the newness only HE offers.

I have never been one for spring cleaning before, i just don't like to clean, i really don't like to clean. But there have been times in recent years where i have felt the need to organize and purge. And i have reached that point again, I'm getting rid of lots of things we just don't use and its taking up room in the house, then once its gone i want to clean the carpets and organize whats left. I just feel like the house is cluttered, i want to eliminate the clutter, get rid of the junk, make more room for living in the house. I can draw a parallel to that too ;)

No comments: